Monday, July 18, 2011

Its a love story, baby just say YES!

I.AM.ENGAGED. My FIANCE and I are gonna get hitched.

So before I start talking all about weddings on here, I have to dish out the details that I know ya'll are waiting to hear.

Friday, July 15th, started out as a longgg day.  I had to be at work at 6 a.m., and he had to drive 45 minutes to work and be there at 7.  After a tiring day of taking orders and making drinks, I finally got off at 3 and quickly went home.  Once I got home, I took a shower and packed my things for the mountain trip we were taking with friends that weekend.  I then went over to Jayme's house to quickly catch up on our Big Brother episodes, then went out to eat at Kyoto's (a Japanese restaurant).  We were celebrating our 3 year anniversary, so he wanted to take me somewhere nice (even though Blimpie would have been just as good with me..)  After dinner, we went to Monetta, South Carolina to the drive-in theater.  I really wanted to see the new Harry Potter movie and he wanted to see the Horrible Bosses one, so it worked out perfect that they were playing back to back.

I thought it was such a cute idea to go to the drive-in to celebrate our three year because that was technically where we had our first date, and where we first held hands. :)  After a long time of playing cards and waiting for the sun to go down, the movie FINALLY came on.

During the movie, he kept playing with his class ring that I always wear.  He then took it off my finger and said he wanted to wear it for awhile.  I thought it was kind of strange, but I wasn't thinking too much of it, because the movie was really intense.  Ten minutes later, he put the ring back on but put it on my ring finger (not my middle finger where I usually wear it).  I never even looked down, because I had no reason to think it was a different ring.  I would say a good ten minutes went by until I finally realized that it was a different ring on my finger.  I was actually really confused and was wondering whose ring it was.  He said it was mine, then paused for a second and said, "oh yeah...will you marry me?"

I totally thought he was joking.  I kept saying "are you serious?" "stop lying"  I made him pinky promise me that he was actually proposing to me and that was when I realized he was serious.  He then went on to say that I still never answered the question, and I immediately said YES.

I then went into full out question mode.  I asked him who all knew, when did he buy it, pretty much everything and anything I could think of, I asked him.  We then went on to finish watching the rest of the movie.  After the movie ended, I started calling my parents, friends, and other family members. I really enjoyed this part, because their reactions were so shocked and excited!  Everyone seemed so surprised and stunned!  They were all very happy for us.

After the phone calls finished, I put it on Facebook.  MAN. this was probably a bad idea, especially since Jayme and I still had one whole movie to watch.  My phone was blowing up.

In all, it was a great day.  I think that my fiance did a great job at hiding it and putting everything together. He never technically got down on one knee, or anything in that way, but I think it was still perfect.  I don't like drawing attention so if he did that, people sitting near by would have seen it, and that was not what I wanted.

Now that I am finally engaged,  I can't wait to start planning the wedding that I always dreamed of.

Here is a picture of my ring.  I found it on a website and told him that's the one I wanted.  I never actually thought he would pick it, but he actually did.  Its so cute and thinks it suits me very well. :)

2 comments:

  1. AW! What a great engagement story. I just love hearing the different ways guys think of to propose. So cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Hahah I love that you made him pinky swear that he was being honest...very cute story. The best proposals are the ones that come in total surprise :)

    ReplyDelete